Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Photos by Doco - Portraits with a Style

Creativity and photography are two sides of a coin, without each other they would be lost but only a few people have over the years mastered the art of blending them. Doco is from Calgary, Canada and has been clicking for the past 7 years, most of his shoots are artistic and he tries to experiment as much as possible with his work. His work is a reminder for all those who are looking to make a mark in the field of photography that its not just about realism but sometimes you have the cross the boundary of it and add an extra element to really make a story come alive.


Q.When were you born and where?
A. I was born in the city of Calgary located in the province Alberta in Canada and I am 29 years old.

Q. When did you started to shoot?
A. I started in 2007 but it was 2010 when i started taking it seriously.

Q. Where did you learn photography from?
A. I am 100% self taught.

Q. What inspired you or who?
A. Everything inspires me! Music is a huge source but good television and movies play an important role as well.

Q. According to you what is your best work or is it yet to come? 
A. My work is growing so much all the time I feel like every shoot becomes my new favorite but if I had to pick one it would be the photos we did at our (me and my wife's) most recent creative workshop we hosted.

Q. Any regrets?
Never

Q. Anything you would like to say to the people who are starting in the profession? 
A. Find people who inspire you, it's important to be influenced by different artists throughout your career and trying to emulate their work in your way but don't rip off their ideas and copy everything they do.

Q. How do you see the photography industry evolving in the next decade or so?
A. Gear's gonna become a lot cheaper and there's gonna be a LOT more talent being pumped into the industry, I think in the next 10 years photography is going to grow more than it has in the last 30 years.

Q. What makes a good photo, is it about good faces or creativity or a mixture of both?
A. Connectivity, if I don't feel your photo, I won't stay on it for long.

Q. Lastly what are your plan for the future?
A. I definitely wanna move into doing bigger commercial work in the future.


A model with Gothic makeup

A model dressed in a black top with a hat recreating a classic look from the old wild west

A model with a white feather hat and pearls hanging from her hair, giving an Indian look with her white markings

A model dressed in white with horns on her head

A close up shot of a model with pearls on her forehead and blue paint on her forehead

A model posing for a camera with the Authentic Look of a Powerful Woman

Contact Details

FB: https://www.facebook.com/photosbydoco
Email: photosbydoco@gmail.com

No comments: